You will need:
- Before doing anything, download the SDK, once that's done, run halflife 2 to the main menu, quit, run the source SDK, run the model viewer in the source SDK, and quit. This will allow all necessary files to download and must be done.
- Put the GuiSudioMDL executable in the sourcesdk/bin/ep1/bin folder
- Set up your Ep1 tool path when prompted. Set to compile to "halflife 2"
- OPTIONAL-set up your orange box tool path as well
- Write up your .QC file, and save as Modelname.qc, saved as all times, not .txt text document.
- Drag your .qc file from the model folder onto the GuiStudioMDL Executable
- Press "COMPILE"
- Done! Retrieve the files from the half life 2/hl2/models/SBEP_community folder and place them in garrysmod/garrysmod/addons/SBEP_models/models/SBEP_community folder
- Load up garrysmod and find your brand new model in the browse menu for testing.
- If everything works properly, contact an SBEP team member and if the model is up to quality expectations then we'll take a look at it, and possibly upload it to the SVN so everybody can use it.
- If it says something along the lines of "WARNING!:Costly collision model:Truncating", then you will need to re-compile the model with the "full collide" option selected
- If you get DLL errors for either Tier0.dll or vstdlib.dll, you can find those in other steam game/bin folders, or failing that find them online and place them in the sourcesdk/bin/ep1/bin folder
- If you get an access violation...good luck to you. You'll need it.
- If you get any error about the collision model that is NOT about a costly collision model, you've done something wrong in 3DS and need to fix it and then re-export.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.